What is EpicStep?
EpicStep is a platform for creating and funding billboards for the messages you care about. It’s a place where like-minded people unite to make their voices heard via giant billboards for all to see. Billboards are expensive. By splitting the cost amongst multiple supporters, individuals can contribute what they can afford and still make a huge impact.
We believe that...
- A good idea, communicated well, can spread fast and wide.
- A large group of people can be a tremendous source of support and encouragement.
- If we act together, we can make a difference.
What if the campaign doesn’t raise enough money for a billboard? Will I still be charged?
No. EpicStep is powered by a unique all-or-nothing funding approach. If a campaign doesn’t reach its funding goal, all pledges will be canceled and no credit cards will be charged.
What do you mean by all-or-nothing funding?
Every EpicStep campaign has an "initial funding goal" and a 30-day time limit. The "initial funding goal" is the minimum amount of money needed to fund a billboard in the chosen city. If the initial funding goal is met, everyone's pledges get cashed in and the billboard goes up. If the initial funding goal is not met before time expires, no one's pledges are cashed.
Basically, no one pays a dime if the campaign doesn't reach the funding goal in time.
How do I make a pledge?
Click the "Support Campaign" button on any campaign page. Enter your pledge amount and select the form of payment you wish to use.
How do I create a campaign on EpicStep?
Once you have that great billboard idea, you’re just a few quick steps away from launching your campaign. First, pick a location for your billboard and a catchy title for your campaign. Next, create your description — sell your vision and let people know why this message is important to you. Finally, inspire people by customizing your campaign — attach pictures, video and a design for the ad (make your campaign look pretty).
If everything looks good, we’ll approve the campaign and you can start blasting your message to all your potential supporters.
I’ve launched my campaign. Now what?
Get the word out. Tell anyone and everyone. Use Facebook, Twitter, emails and anything you can think of. One great thing you can do is to find a group who shares your passion for your cause. Tell them about the billboard campaign and see if they can help. No matter what, spread the word far and wide. Check out our in-depth guide to a creating a successful campaign.
How does EpicStep make money?
If a project is successfully funded, EpicStep will apply a 10% fee on the funds raised. If funding isn't successful, there are no charges.
Why should I use EpicStep?
- Savings. We have deep-rooted relationships with national media companies allowing us to receive heavily discounted ad space pricing. We pass these savings on to you.
- Reliable and easy-to-use platform. Easy to support a campaign, easy to start your own.
- Risk-free, guaranteed. No matter the size of your donation, your payment never gets charged unless your billboard is on the way. Your money goes directly toward change or gets refunded to you.
- Together, we can make a difference.